Need To Knows
- Measure the window opening width, to include any trim. Write it down.
- Measure the window opening height, to include any trim. Write it down.
- Measure the left wall space to the nearest outlet, wall art or wall corner. Write it down.
- Measure the right wall space to the nearest outlet, wall art or wall corner. Write it down.
- Measure the inches of wall space above the window, to include any trim.
You should now have:
- Window width
- Window Height
- Left wall space amount
- Right wall space amount
- Inches above the window amount available
- Inches above the window where you want to mount
- Now Please refer to the shade configurations chart below
The first chart is specified for a single shade that maxes out the track width of 189″ or approximately 15 feet. The second chart is meant for extremely wide expanses that max out into double the space. Look for your window dimensions where it’s marked “shade width” on the chart. The Track width is directly left of it. Before ordering the designated track width, please make sure you allow for enough wall space left and right for the track width. It will always be approximately 6-8″ wider than the window opening. Your height measurement is your window height (trim included) plus 3″ of mounting space required.
- Minimum amount above window is 3”. Mounting on trim is not recommended.
- Proceed to choose stack direction (refer to stacking chart below): Stack direction always goes opposite the sliding glass door handle. If regular window, choose best direction for you. Don’t forget to choose your headrail color and you are ready to order. Happy ordering.
- If a regular rectangular window has space below the window sill, measure how far below the sill you want the drape to go and add that to the window height, plus 3 inches above the window (including the trim) and that is your drapery height needed to order.
- Remove the fabric from the fabric vane clip.
- Fold the fabrics and place them in a mesh laundry bag.
- Wash with cold water; gentle cycle.
- Do not add extra spin after wash. Remove the fabric.
- Hang the fabrics to line dry, until the fabrics are slightly damped. Fan drying is acceptable.
- Re-assemble all slats on the rail and leave the vanes open until completely dried. This will also help avoid wrinkles.
Note: Do not use bleach or cleaning products that contain bleach.
Ironing or steaming
Use a steam iron on “Nylon” mode (around 200-220ºF).
Wrinkles may occur after washing or long transportation. If your shade is wrinkled, hang it for a few days. This will help minimize the wrinkles, allowing them to usually disappear naturally. You may choose to steam or iron the fabric panels in accordance with the care instructions below.